bonsai gardens on the ribble

beastmaster

Ive not fished it for about 20 years, but what do you want to know?

Its quite slow and deep (10-12 feet) its day ticket and has chub, barbel, eels, a few carp, bream, roach, dace and 1 or 2 of every thing else. From what i can remember its only a short beat and it gets fished a lot.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Ive not fished it for about 20 years, but what do you want to know?

Its quite slow and deep (10-12 feet) its day ticket and has chub, barbel, eels, a few carp, bream, roach, dace and 1 or 2 of every thing else. From what i can remember its only a short beat and it gets fished a lot.

want to have a go on this length for the big barble !! we have fished alot of the other stretches around there and wondered if this ones worth a visit , and any baits that are working,

have you fished any other lengths around tickle trout recently??

and have you any idea who has control over bolderstone lengths now , we were told it was warrington anglers !! but there is a rumour going round its now gone to preston!! any idea??

cheers darren/beastmaster :P

when you gotta go you gotta GO !!!!!!!!!

want to have a go on this length for the big barble !! we have fished alot of the other stretches around there and wondered if this ones worth a visit , and any baits that are working,

have you fished any other lengths around tickle trout recently??

and have you any idea who has control over bolderstone lengths now , we were told it was warrington anglers !! but there is a rumour going round its now gone to preston!! any idea??

cheers darren/beastmaster :P

Like i said Ive not fished it for 20years (probably 25) but double figure Barbel have come off just about every beat between Calder foot and the sea, So i should think it would be worth a go.

I'm a member of Ribchester (RADAC) who have a number of farms on the lower & mid Ribble and i spend most winters Barbelling there.

Balderstone is some what controversially in the hands of Clitheroe Anglers (stuck up game boys with money).

Like i said Ive not fished it for 20years (probably 25) but double figure Barbel have come off just about every beat between Calder foot and the sea, So i should think it would be worth a go.

I'm a member of Ribchester (RADAC) who have a number of farms on the lower & mid Ribble and i spend most winters Barbelling there.

Balderstone is some what controversially in the hands of Clitheroe Anglers (stuck up game boys with money).

lutra , hi mate , iv'e made my mind up !!! and going to bonsai gardens on sunday!!!! :D:D its a crap forcast but what the hell!! its bonsai gardens (a change from carp bashing ) or the mother in law lol

i will let you know how it goes !!

are there many day ticket lengths at ribchester??? as i come from bolton ,so its not that far!!

only trouble i have, if the banks are very steep to the pegs, as i've got my left leg missing and struggle getting to the river if its a long walk or as i said very steep banks, any stretches you could suggest would be great.

me and my dad use to live on upper and lower balderstone,but that was years ago,under northen anglers and i was abit more able then !!! had some great sessions on there .

talk soon darren / beastmaster :D

when you gotta go you gotta GO !!!!!!!!!

lutra , hi mate , iv'e made my mind up !!! and going to bonsai gardens on sunday!!!! :D:D its a crap forcast but what the hell!! its bonsai gardens (a change from carp bashing ) or the mother in law lol

i will let you know how it goes !!

are there many day ticket lengths at ribchester??? as i come from bolton ,so its not that far!!

only trouble i have, if the banks are very steep to the pegs, as i've got my left leg missing and struggle getting to the river if its a long walk or as i said very steep banks, any stretches you could suggest would be great.

me and my dad use to live on upper and lower balderstone,but that was years ago,under northen anglers and i was abit more able then !!! had some great sessions on there .

talk soon darren / beastmaster :D

There's not a lot of day ticket but the village front at Ribchester is day ticket through RADAC, tickets from the spar there and is the easiest access I know of on the Ribble. Best for the barbel if you stay till after dark. best of luck and let me know how you get on. Brian