conger ells

highseas

hi all has any one had much luck with congers in whitehaven or other beaches around their

cheeers for any help

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

hi all has any one had much luck with congers in whitehaven or other beaches around their

cheeers for any help

Try St Bees head, prefrably the south of the head if you dont know the area, you can park on the car park and walk along the base of the cliff, there are old ships boilers half way along from the start of the cliffs to the tip of south head, you could pick one up there on a high tide, or fish off the tip of south head on a low water, prefrably on a night tide for both venues.

for the more adventurous there is the north head, though this is only accessable from the top of the cliff, you have to drive through Sandwith and take the road to the lighthouse (marked private) park at the designated parking area at the farm (pay two quid) walk up the road to the light house and down to the fog horn, about 100 yards along the cliff top back toward whitehaven you will see a small path going down the cliff,, you really have to watch you footing here, though there is ropes for ease of access though its not easy, specially coming back, you can fish at the base of the cliff here on any tide though a neap or between a spring and a neap is best, though not when its rough, pick a calm night, though must say getting down the cliff is best done in daylight and it is not for teh faint hearted or the unfit

Coulderton beach produced a double figure conger a couple of weeks ago, i havent heard of any more being caught latley though thats not to say there not there

fish using large fish or squid baits, a sausage of sand eels work well though the LSD like these baits also so be prepared for plenty of these.

Good luck i hope this helps in your quest

is that fishermans steps on south head you are on about? if so ive herd its good :) so sandell sausage shold work well eh

chers verry much have you had much look ther then?

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow

is that fishermans steps on south head you are on about? if so ive herd its good :) so sandell sausage shold work well eh

chers verry much have you had much look ther then?

Hi Highseas

was over there a few weeks ago,, though didnt go down the actual fishermans steps as wasnt sure if the chain was still there,,, there is another route down just to teh north of the fog horn,, a bit safer than the steps, though its a hell of a hike,,,, fishing is good here in teh right conditions as you are casting into 6 to 8 mtr water though it does need to be calm.

the steps are located on the north head...... last time i was there though conditions were not good and all we caught were LSD dabs and one of the guys got a lobster,,,,,,,,,,, lucky bugger,,,,,, would advise going there in the daylight hours , due to safety reasons, so you can see were your at and what ground your on.

hope you have a good trip,,,,,,,,,, just to mention the beaches are doing extremly well at the moment for Cod and the odd Bass on a night tide when its rough,,,,,, double figure bags have been caught from seamill to braystones (just south of St Bees Head) on low tides in rough conditions, fresh or frozen lug tip with sand eel being the best bait.

happy fishing