Slowing down

Pangolin

Each time I switch on my PC, everything seems to happen more slowly. I had been blaming Norton, with their 'live update', but having looked at the memory space occupied by my daughter's SIMS 2 game, I wonder if its that? She typically assembles some house and populates it with a family, saving her efforts after each go. Could this be my problem? I'm talking about, for example, the time between my desktop appearing on the screen and being able to click on any of the icons...

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Press the Ctrl, Alt & Del buttons together to see what processes are running!

Click the Performance tab to see how hard your processor is working.

I always blamed Norton for slowing my system down. I don't use it now.

I've got a trial verson of Trend Micro running at the moment after AVG found something it couldn't do anything with.

Edited by Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Press the Ctrl, Alt & Del buttons together to see what processes are running!

Click the Performance tab to see how hard your processor is working.

I always blamed Norton for slowing my system down. I don't use it now.

If got a trial verson of Trend Micro running at the moment after AVG found something it couldn't do anything with.

There's lots of processes running! How do I decide which I want and which I don't want? iTunes, for example, which I use very rarely....

Do a google search on each one and you will find out if there are any nasties there.

Do the numbers beside the processes show which ones are currently running? If so, the 'system idle' process is the only one which is doing much...