Wheel balancing weights

Guest Roachman

Guest Roachman

A thought just occured to me after having a new tyre fitted. Why not use old weights for attaching to feeders? They come in various sizes and weights. Has anyone tried this?

Be aware of the affect it has on swans and other waterfowl/wildlife.

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/birds/p...on/symptoms.htm

I think I remember this subject coming up and only the size of the lead was a factor. Still...

In the USA it is no longer used in shotguns because it was found to be easily injested.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

Guest Roachman
Be aware of the affect it has on swans and other waterfowl/wildlife.

http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/birds/p...on/symptoms.htm

I think I remember this subject coming up and only the size of the lead was a factor. Still...

In the USA it is no longer used in shotguns because it was found to be easily injested.

I would have thought that the size and weight of the weights would have made it pretty difficult for wildlife to swallow. If they were securely fixed to a feeder, I cannot see anything eating the combined size of feeder and weight.

I would have thought that the size and weight of the weights would have made it pretty difficult for wildlife to swallow. If they were securely fixed to a feeder, I cannot see anything eating the combined size of feeder and weight.

http://www.conservation-issues.co.uk/Artic...ion%2001-07.htm

Introducing lead into the environment probably isn't a good thing. There are definite alternatives that are just as effective and less costly.

Jeff

Piscator non solum piscatur.

Yellow Prowler13

2274389822_1033c38a0e_s.jpg

Ask me at 75...

if ant one has spare wheel waits could you save em up and send em to me ill pay p&p

thanks all

what people dont know dont hurt em

life is like a pube on a toilet seat some times you just get **** off

I'm just dishonest. You can always trust an honest man to be dishonest.Honestly, it's the honest man you need to look out for, because you never know when he's going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow