whitch bivvy?

mikethepike

hi all, im looking into getting my first bivvy for a few weekend sessions, but im a bit confused about the diffrence between a bivvy and a dome (if any). what one should i go for ? dont want to spend shed loads of my hard earned. also what is the real diffrence between 1 costing £150 and 1 costing £500?

thanks for any help in advance

mike

Hi Mikethepike

If you use the search option at the top of this page you can search for threads on buying bivvies.

Any probs let me know

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

look long and hard at any reviews on a bivvy don't just buy one particular make just because your best fishing mate has that particular bivvy.

a dome is more or less a tent where as a bivvy is purpose built shelter ,a fishing bivvy depending on the type ,IE: pram hood style (very popular) /quick erecting like the tfg force 8 style or dome style tent like .

look at as many reviews as possible over a period of about 3/4 weeks if you see any that have features you like , bookmark the page so you remember where you read about it . price is a personal thing most of the better bivvys will come in around £250 and above you might get a better deal on ebay than you would in the shops get on to google after you see one you think suits you and search for a resonable price ,IE: jrc sti 2 man 10000 static head twinskin ,

you will get a bit of price variation IE: £150 +p&p up to £200 inc p&p make sure it is the latest model IE: 2008 some of the earlier models are quite a bit cheaper especialy on ebay ,if you do go for a single skin model make sure you can buy a winter skin for it ,

my mate just bought a jrc sti 1 man 10000 static head twin skin from englandangling.co.uk cost £144.95 inc p&p rrp £200

JRC STI Review :thumbs:

Edited by peterpikefisher

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif