Orchid lakes Dorchester on thames

sixar

hi everyone

me and my pal have just got back into fishing after a cuple years out (all my gear got stolen :angry: ) we have booked 3 days and nights at Orchid lake, got Alamo swim. was wondering if anyone has any tips or hot spots? i have been told the botom is silty, weedy and gravel :blink: not sure how to fish it now lol

thanks

sixar

The obvious spot from the alamo swim is the reed bed on the right of the swim.

The most other common hotspots are the bars which run along the length of the lake, there are 3 or 4 of them and can easily be found with a marker rod, plus the silt channel all of which are known patrol routes.

You`ll have a better idea from this map.

post-903-1207122569_thumb.jpg

The obvious spot from the alamo swim is the reed bed on the right of the swim.

The most other common hotspots are the bars which run along the length of the lake, there are 3 or 4 of them and can easily be found with a marker rod, plus the silt channel all of which are known patrol routes.

You`ll have a better idea from this map.

post-903-1207122569_thumb.jpg

ah spot on :D

cheers mate, much apreciated, fink il take dat map with me lol

now all i got 2 do is battle it out with my pal who gets to fish what side ;)

Both sides have their hotspots as the fish generally move along the channel then up the reeds and vice versa, so you both have just as good a chance as each other. You don`t need to cast that far either, last time I fished there, I was only casting a max of 30 yards.

Also, don't neglect the smaller gravel patches out towards the "snags"/"top dug out2 direction though, they can produce a big hit if you get it spot on.

Both sides have their hotspots as the fish generally move along the channel then up the reeds and vice versa, so you both have just as good a chance as each other. You don`t need to cast that far either, last time I fished there, I was only casting a max of 30 yards.

Also, don't neglect the smaller gravel patches out towards the "snags"/"top dug out2 direction though, they can produce a big hit if you get it spot on.

im proper glad i found this site now lol :D

fingers crossed ay, if it dont work im blaming you!!! lol only joking

cheers pal its much apreciated

happy fishing

sixar B)

• 4 months later...
hi everyone

me and my pal have just got back into fishing after a cuple years out (all my gear got stolen :angry: ) we have booked 3 days and nights at Orchid lake, got Alamo swim. was wondering if anyone has any tips or hot spots? i have been told the botom is silty, weedy and gravel :blink: not sure how to fish it now lol

thanks

sixar

Hello mate. Just wondering how you got on at orchid? im doing a few nights there next month and wondered if you had any tips?

Thanks

Andy