boating on 4th feb but......

Guest fishaholic

Guest fishaholic

i am going boat fishing from penarth (lady helen) on 4th february but i don't really know what i will be targeting, the cod would probably have moved away from that area, and the congers/spurdog/smoothies wouldn't have arrived yet????

Anyone shed any light?

Posted Image Fishaholic Posted Image

Guest Martyn

Lucky Fishy Holic

No problem!

The cod will still be there. There have been so many cod in the Bristol Channel this year they will still be queing up to get out in June! You may get a thornback too if the greedy cod let them get a look in at your bait. Oh, you may, just may, get the odd doggie or five!

Anyway what the heck, you'll be fishing so what does it matter.

For a far more reliable assessment of what you may catch you could give the skipper a ring. At least he will be able to tell you what fantastic fishing he had the week before you are going. Seriously they are usually very helpful and may even try harder if they can see you are really keen.

Have a great trip and let us know how you get on.

Martyn