Resolve for 2009?

Sutton Warrior

With 2009 just around the corner, I'v been sitting thinking what will be my 'resolve' in photography terms for the New year, a genuine goal for what I hope will be a better year than 2008!

With my new found option of RAW picture taking . . . strange how things sit stareing one in the face and yet, for the sake of a little sideways thinking, a majour option can gets missed.

1, Yes, to get into RAW pictures, nail the options avaliable.

2, I also feel a real urge to encourage Hazel with here D40X.

The sum of these two ideals will be to improve our picture taking skills, and enjoying quality time together.

A side issue, might be to, aquire a wide angle 10-20'ish lense? Although perhaps a better way of thinking would be to improve on technique with the glass I already have.

Any one else, got ideas for 2009?

SW

Hi SW,been thinking about the RAW option for a while but not tested the water yet! :huh: Scared in case I open a can of worms or is it a case of old horse/new tricks?? Go on tell me the benefits and talk me into it :rolleyes:

One thing I will be doing in 2009,once we open the caravan again is to really explore the Mull of Galloway with a camera.The more I think about it the more venues/projects spring to mind.

Lenses,just got the one,its a Sigma 18-200 and quite happy with it at the mo.Do you think I would benefit from getting another one?? Landscape shots are what I tend to go for and the odd wildlife/portrait shot.

Thats all I can think of at the mo - lets see what the rest of the team come up with :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hi SW,been thinking about the RAW option for a while but not tested the water yet! :huh: Scared in case I open a can of worms or is it a case of old horse/new tricks?? Go on tell me the benefits and talk me into it :rolleyes:

One thing I will be doing in 2009,once we open the caravan again is to really explore the Mull of Galloway with a camera.The more I think about it the more venues/projects spring to mind.

Lenses,just got the one,its a Sigma 18-200 and quite happy with it at the mo.Do you think I would benefit from getting another one?? Landscape shots are what I tend to go for and the odd wildlife/portrait shot.

Thats all I can think of at the mo - lets see what the rest of the team come up with :)

Quite honestly Snatcher, the 18-200 is a great lense, if your 'Auz' pics are anything to go by, I use my Nikon 18-200 99% of the time, I do have a Sigma 70-300APO, but thats recently new, and I expect to be using it on my tripod more in the summer. You have seen the 'Surise-Sunset' photos I posted, they are all with the 18-200VR, I made a lot of use of the 'Vibration Reduction Facility' in that session, as well as the wide angle and zoom facility. At present I'm happy enough, and financialy, I will wait for a 10-20mm type wide angle to jump up and bite me, quite likley in the forth coming money climit? In the meantime, enjoy what we have!!! :lol:

RAW, Talk you into it?? far from expert, but I have learned a bit? Ill put a new thread up, generate a bit of interest

SW

I would like to buy a new camera. Olympus E-520 or Nikon D60/80 should be O.K. I photograph Olympus C-745 UZ and Canon PowerShot A510 with 3,2 mega pixels. But they are old construction, and they have limited capabilities.

Besides, I would like to learn my English, better ;).

...i dlatego przyszedłem do was uzbrojony w złudzenia kompetencji, w które tak wielu z was się uzbraja... m.a.d.button...