Nylon screws [10-32]

greencat

The molded in inserts used for attaching a rudder to the Ocean Kayak range requires a 10-32 x 1/2" screw...preferably made of nylon so it shears off before ripping four holes in the back of the yak in case of accident.

The question is, where can I lay my hands on some replacement screws. These (UNC?) thread sizes aren't standard off the shelf here in the UK. Anyone else had to buy some?

Cheers,

Michael

They are in the States.

10-32 - 10 gauge with 32 threads per inch?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

They are in the States.

10-32 - 10 gauge with 32 threads per inch?

Yeah, I guessed these would be a US sizing standard...did wonder what the 10 meant so useful to understand this refers to gauge. Is this standard what they refer to as UNC (Unified coarse?)?

I may have to just order some from the states but will have a quick ring around some of the UK Ocean Kayak dealers first.

Truthfully I got the 'Unified' information from the internet. We normally just speak of the diameter in fractional inches or mm and the threading as "national coarse" or "national fine".

However, it does look like our stuff is using the 'unified' specs and at a guess, the 'guage' is the same as we use for electrical wiring.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President