bass fishing in france

Guest elliot

hi my son and I are going to Brittany in august 2001 can any one advise on tackle ,tactics we intend to use spinners/lures plus float and bottom fishing charter boats / best area we very rarely take fish home proffering to return fish any help much appreciated Tony and elliot brown

Guest Alan Taylor

Originally posted by elliot:

were is everyone

Hi Elliot, just to let you know that we are still out here but probably just can't help.

Having seen the French fish markets, no matter what size the fish are, they will sell them so I doubt if a French skipper will be too pleased if you try and return fish.

I will try and get one of the girls in the office to find a web site for you next week.

Her Mother teaches French so she may be able to help.

You could try and find Cyril on the course fishing forum, he is French and speaks good English.

Sorry it is not much help at the moment but hang in there.

Dave Barnham could possibly help, he gets around a bit.

Good luck

Alan(nl)

Elliot / Tony

Just a quick reply, I will try and get some numbers for you, I have lived and fished in Jersey and a friend there is good friends with the top guide (bass) in France, he runs trips from all along the Normandy / Brittany Coast all lure fishing in some of the most amazing settings imaginable. Ten knot rips on top of the Minques etc.

You are going to where I consider the best Bass fishing area in europe. Good Luck and enjoy.

Rob

can you pass it on please, if you hear anything good. I'm going to west Brittany in July, and like the look of the rocks. If I do well, I'll let you know what I did.