perking for pollock!

Guest lyn

I think the most fun I had sea fishing was the day we went pollock fishing, they are such scappy devils. I want to have a go on light tackle one day.

which species do you enjoy fishing for most?

lyn

Guest RobStubbs

Lyn,

From a boat it has to the size and power of a conger.

From the shore light tackle fishing for mullet, gar or bream. Mullet being the more challenging (IMO).

Rob.

Guest mmc1uk

The mullet has to be my winner as I cant say I have come across a stronger (pound for pound) fighting fish.

Also, if you have a quiver tip rod then float fishing for coalies and wee poddlies (pollack) is fun.

mmc

Guest Alan Taylor

Originally posted by lyn:

I think the most fun I had sea fishing was the day we went pollock fishing, they are such scappy devils. I want to have a go on light tackle one day.

which species do you enjoy fishing for most?

lyn

Hi Lyn,

red gills on a light rod for pollock, light line etc for sea bream (sea carp) in Holland, I ask you. Mackerel on a fly rod in Brixham harbour. That was fun. I can never spell mackrell!

Alan(nl)