((message to congercatcher))

Guest elliot

Guest congercatcher

a few years ago before coleman stoves (which also run on unleaded petrol)we used to cook on the top of parafin type tilley style lamps! there was a company who made a product to do just what you want and I believe I saw one reviewed in the last year or two in one of the angling press/magazines but I cannot remember which ,I will try to look it up for you but please be patient!!

the other way is to find an old saucepan just slightly smaller in diameter than the top of your lamp( try car boots or markets and you can probably get one for next to nowt) and cut the bottom off, then cut some slots up the sides to allow it to sit over the handle of the lamp! next find a second saucepan with a base just big enough to sit in the top of the rim of the cut down one and hey presto cook to your hearts content!

p.s. the northstar will do just as well as it is the updated but more expensive version of the powerhouse!

I hope this is of help to you,please don't hesitate to contact me for futher help if you need it!

Posted Image Posted Image

------------------

catcher

[This message has been edited by congercatcher (edited 24 April 2001).]