Cheap lens filters . . . ?

Sutton Warrior

F601, had one of them!

Sigma 70-300mm (APO version), had one of them too, replaced it last year!

When I first went digital with the D70s a few years ago, I was on a mission to become a far better photographer, an arty photographer instead of a snapshot photographer.

Many tens of thousands of images later, I've discovered I don't have an arty bone in my body (which is a little odd as my late father was a very arty), but I can now take a pretty damn good digital snapshot!

I recently went to an extended families Greek Orthodox Baptism. The official photographer was late, so the mother, knowing I like to snap away, asks if I'd stand in and take hundreds of shots. Unlike CofE churches, I had full access anywhere, and luckily flash was allowed. The official photog did eventually arrive, with his D3 and 28mm 1.4AF...about £6,000 worth of gear, and with the D3 having great high ISO quality, no need for him to use flash. How small did I feel with my D200? Well, to cut a long story short, the mother didn't like a single shot of his (he was working for free as extended family too), and loved all mine! I didn't think mine were that good, but what do I know?

I have some of my photos up here: http://www.pbase.com/tuckeruk

:lol::lol: more power to your elbow Angly!!!

70s, thats what I had befor the D80, fancy a D90 now . . :unsure: that will have to be next year!!

I'm just like you mate, 'snap happy', Mother was arty, the whole family are very clever with there hands, I've inherited the hands, my Father logical mind, not his brains though, but Mums arty side, I was round the corner when 'art' was given out :rolleyes:

SW :camera: