Angling Trip Disasters

malevans

Well at least I am not alone. :D

I have been away working all week hence slow response.

Peter's feet in ice water sounds grim at least in france the food from the hyper market was super as was the vino.

I once decided, whilst fishing Lodge lake in MK to use some flipflops for rapid response to runs overnight as I exited the sleeping bag. I was fishing the swim next the out of bounds fence pitched at the top of the slope. Had screaming run burst out of bivvy (it had been raining) skied down slope (not with style) and took my pod and rods into the lake with me. :rolleyes:

Also went to the Ebro, caught nasty infection just before I went, on day one I stuck the front and very serrated dorsal fin ray of a carp (who did not fancy being the bait) all the way up under my thumb nail. My chest infection got so bad each night that the other party members thought I might expire. Over time the groove under my nail grew out and the scar on the flesh under the nail healed. But every few weeks the thumb got very tender for a day or so. Several months later as the nail grew out the final (unknown ) piece of carp fin ray fell out onto the table. Thumb has been fine since.

I remember, some time ago, arranging a trip with my mate. We have an arrangement, he brings food - I bring bait. I spent half a day preparing paste, sorting worms and maggots, opening tins of luncheon meat and corn and transferring them to boxes. put them all in my bait bag ready for the morning. Got up bright and early and off we went. got to the water about an hour and a half later, set up and discovered I'd left the bait at home!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription