A study in red . . .

Sutton Warrior

Grabed a camera as I went out of the door this morning, floods? thought I might get a chance of an interesting photo or three ;) Well, the weather was *rap, light was flat as a 'Witches ***'. I was parked up waiting for a job. Just around the corner is the river and the old Colchester comercial quey. A few boats moored up might get something? Plus I had grabed the D40X, only used it once last year when I bought it to test it out, so I had no real idea what to expect.

There is a refurbished lightship, used by the Sea Cadets. As I say, rubbish light, cold, grey, uninspiring. When I got home and poped the SD card in the 'putter card reader', I was impressed, this is an entry level body fitted with my old 18-70mm Nikon kit lens, light yet positive, a dream to handle, and, IMHO, they are some pritty well saturated, detailed, sharp pictures of the red light ship, wish I had taken some more angles? Even the barge 'Fountain' is trying, but I think it demonstrates how flat the light is. More pics when the light is better me thinks.

Again, very little 'PS Elements', just enough to lift them a tad:

1LightshipbowrwDSC_0138.jpg

1LightrwDSC_0148.jpg

1BargerwDSC_0145.jpg

Luton Airport tomorrow, :g:

SW

Nice one SW :clap2: :clap2:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy