13/15' float rod

Pescador Pablo

I dont have any experience of that rod, but have a look at recommended hook and reel lines for the rod.

Anything with a guide of hook links in the region of 2-6lbs should be perfect. Anything over that in my opinion is overkill for trotting, I use stickfloat rod with a maximum recomended hook link of 4lbs and it still handles big fish ok.

Its all about balancing your tackle to the rod you use, I prefer using a lighter rod as its more fun catching fish on such equipment and even a 12oz roach can be felt reasonably and is a pleasure to catch.

Good Luck

PS, I'd go for the 15ft version as the extra length is useful and I've never had a problem with a 15ft rod being too long for any swim and it really helps in the wind.

Edited by Simon Fell

I'm thinking of buying a Ron Thompson 13/15ft waggler rod, mainly for use on the Trent.

Target species would be mainly silver fish, but there are good sized chub and barbel around as well.

Do you think this rod would be suitable?

Don't know about that particular rod but would agree with Simon that if a 15' version is available then got for that, you'll notice the difference.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back