Valentines Day Walk . . . with suprises

Sutton Warrior

:wub: Hazel and I have spent this 'Valentines day' afternoon wandering around Felixstowe, cameras in hand, hosing away, the dog too enjoyed it, doing his own kind of 'hosing' :P Weather was warm, for the time of year, sun stark, hard light, but beggers cant be choosers. I have already waxed lyrical about the Sigma 10-20, but to day, I had a couple of surprises awaiting me. The first was Hazels efforts, only here second outing with the D40X, in fact only here second outing with any sort of proper camera, she only took a dozen shots, but? . . . well here are a couple of samples:

1HAnglerDSC_0236.jpg

1HRocksDSC_0233.jpg

Lots to learn, no prompting from me, for a second outing, I think thats pretty dam good! :1a:

The other surprise, we went to the Dock viewing area. I put on the 'Sigma 70-300mm APO HSM' lens, a few long shots were in order. I had the Mono pod, hosed away happily, the results are in my humble opinion stunning . . . not from the picture/composition point of view, thats my usual average to get lucky sometimes level. No, its the quality of the image, this is a £135 budget telephoto, purchased new a few Moths ago:

1PilotboatDSC_0430.jpg

1powerDSC_0437.jpg

1TugeWheelhouseDSC_0456.jpg

1FishingboatDSC_0424.jpg

If you are on a budget, in the market for a 300mm lens, this one is going to take some betting on quality and price? The motor focusing is fast-fast! quiet, handling and balance was perfect, taken with a mono pod . . . what could be achieved on a tripod, remote shutter and mirror lock!

I have PS all these shots a little, but only a little, (they did not need much) both mine and Hazels.

The days going to be rounded off with gammon steak and pineapple for dinner, a glass of wine, what a great day :D

I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as we enjoyed out day taking them :sun:

SW

Nice one SW,sounds like you had a good day out and some good photos. B):)

Must get out myself next week.looking for a good sunrise shot - my favourite part of the day.There is just something "magical" about it :rolleyes:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

well done SW, like the one of the bird flying into the wheelhouse. LOL

So it looks on the cards that we will be getting a new AN photographer, registration is easy tell her.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

So it looks on the cards that we will be getting a new AN photographer, registration is easy tell her.

Cheers Fred

Oh dear I fear the worst Fred!!! I am sure she will enjoy the "craic" on here :rolleyes:

Fred do you or Mick ever plan to come back to your roots for a holiday???? Just make sure you make it to our caravan on the Mull of Galloway.We shall catch fish together :rolleyes:

Check out the sunrise taken from inside our caravan,the vista is Luce Bay

Roomwithaviewcomp-2.jpg

Will a beer on the veranda be ok Fred?

ColinandChrisresized-1.jpg

Well if you ever take the plunge we will have a bash at these chaps

Bass3-2.jpg

You are more than welcome :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Cheers Fred

I doubt Hazel will ever get to computering?? . . . I thought she would not get into 'picture taking' . . . so what do I know??? She will pick a fishing rod up . . . put her own bait on! . . . Her sisters are on line in Hartlepool :g: mmmm

SW