Pepprami and other such baits in france

Hi all

As some of you may no im off to france in a week1 yey but i want to know if a lump of pepparami or luncheon meat or even corn will work on such venues the fish love boilies but i was thinking of trying something out of the ordinary i could find out that the carp like meat more cus its omething different but i have no confidence when it comes to using different baits im not a sheep just no confidence :rolleyes: please help me don't take the micky either please!

BEEEEP BEEP BEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Fish are fish are fish - they'll eat anything that's edible once they work out that it is. Boilies are only a bait, not 'the' bait. The fact is though in many cases we feed them so many boilies that both they and the angler become obsessed with them. But take a look at how may big fish have been caught on sweetcorn and the like in recent times - the old baits still work especially where the old fish have forgotten to associate them with danger.

Personally I'd pop down the loca french supermarket and buy a few bags of frozen sweetcorn, some bread and perhaps some meat. Add a few worms (not from the supermarket!) and you've got bait for practically everything that swims for a fraction of the cost of a bag of boilies.

[ 15. August 2002, 09:19 PM: Message edited by: davidP ]

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

I think you kinda shot urslef in the foot when u said....

"for practically everything that swims"

Boilies are mainly for carp, sure tench do get caught on them and bream occasionally, but they are mainly for carp.

If you were to fish with corn over a bed of corn then you may catch the odd carp but you would also likely catch everything else that swims aswell, i agree that sweetcorn is a great bait but it is not productive enought for carp for me to use it.

I think i'll stick to boilies for now!

Frostie

Good evening james.

slayer here if i was off to france i would definatly take a few tins off dynamite baits hemp and tigers top bait...camp bles meat balls are a good bait for close margin work fished single<no freebies> a bit fiddly but well worth the effort.....

tight lines...slayer.... :cool:

Frostie:

I think you kinda shot urslef in the foot when u said....

"for practically everything that swims"

Boilies are mainly for carp, sure tench do get caught on them and bream occasionally, but they are mainly for carp.

If you were to fish with corn over a bed of corn then you may catch the odd carp but you would also likely catch everything else that swims aswell, i agree that sweetcorn is a great bait but it is not productive enought for carp for me to use it.

I think i'll stick to boilies for now!

Frostie

Good point - forgot I was in the carp forum. Personally it wouldn't even occur to me to go all that way to fish for only one species hence my less specific bait. 6 grains of sweetcorn on a size 6 or a big lump of luncheon meat however will deter all but the most determined small fish.

I think what I was trying to get across to James was that boilies are not the only bait and in my opinion he could get a lot better value for money by using other baits. What would you rather have for you 20 quid on an unknown water? 3 kilos of boilies or 30 tins of corn, 10 tins of meat, bread, worms etc etc. I know which I'd take!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.