The Terry Hearn sausage method.

shooter

I saw an article about the method that Terry Hearn uses involving a sausage bag of groundbait with the rig pulled throgh and then with the aid of a loop, hooked onto some sort of clip.

My question is : What is the clip he uses?

Is it the sort of clip that you use to attach a lead to a safety sleave, I've got some of those but they dont look strong enough.

Many thanks.

Shooter, the clip is called a Gizmo, its used for quick changes of rigs to your main line. They can be purchased from tackle shops, also get the rubbers that slip over them. Very handy, I started to use them after reading something that Gaffer posted :D

Hi all, I use Gizmos on all of my hooklinks.

This thread maybe of some use to you.

Alternatively I've seen a snap-link to have been used.

Personally I prefer to use a Gizmo, and with about an inch of green silicone tubing over the top. Seen here. (or full article here)

i have just watched two of our anglers with this method to devastateing affects. keep the rig short. and keep everything neat and tidy on the rig. this seem to be one fo the secrets to getting it right. the variaton to this rig can be made with stiffer line and hook sizes can vary to great degrees. it works wonders. :)

TEACH THE YOUNG,TO TEACH THE NEXT GENERATION.

Hi Larry, the beads I use are the soft (medium sized) green ones by ESP.

I use a piece of Terry Eustace stiff tubing with a 3mm bore, which I cut to about 15mm in length.

I then glue on the Fox Helicopter Sleeve and the lower green bead.

Then the large Rod Hutchinson(I think!) helicopter swivel goes on before pushing on the upper soft bead (not glued).

I use the stiff tubing as it has a very large bore and will allow the leadcore go be pulled through it with ease. The tubing, being stiff, allows the swivel to spin (the Helicopter motion) very freely.