interesting old closed face reel

arcalis

Could anyone give me any info about an old closed face reel I have, there is no name on the reel it is made of a nylon type of material, certainly not hand made and very light the gears are crown and pinion it has a gear ratio of 1 turn to 1.75 ...a good 12" of line per turn of the handle.I have made enquiries from collectors but drawn a blank no one has ever seen one before.I will try to enclose pictures ( pretty new to pc ) I would hazard a guess to its age maybe 40 - 60 years old I look forward to any comments or info....thanks for reading ...arcalis ( HELP struggling to send pics )

a picture would go a long way to ID , (if your struggling too add them ,e-mail too : chavender@anglerstalk.co.uk ,and i'll pop them on ) my sick sense says olympic

paru-1.jpg

or damquick cte

dam135.jpg

or might be a spincast reel

image002.gif

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Chavender, some pictures would a long way to ID. Red crosses don't count...lol... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

they was there earlier ,ah well doesn't matter as i've been sent the pictures .

reels004.jpg

reels002.jpg

and its a old spincast reel

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

arcalis ,its a old spincast reel from maybe as far back as the fifties ,they're used on bait casting rods with the reel sitting on top of the rod ,the white button on the back will be the line release which you press with your thumb whilst casting (it might have a piece missing ,a plunger that fits onto the white button) the little lever will probably be a anti-reverse / spool lock .the drag is a star type drag on the handle .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

LOL...that's well cool. It's like a piece of kitchen-ware.

...Andy...

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...