Bait up or Bivvy up

stevie

I dont know weather to bait up first or bivvy up :confused:

Last week i fished a lake near me and i set the bivvy up.

As i was putting the bedchair in an old man was walking past with his dogs and he noticed my rods was'nt out, he thought i was camping??? :mad: i said 'no m8, im night fishing' He laughed at me and said what r u waiting 4, get your rods in the water, ur little camp can wait :) , i just laughed.

So what do all u lot out there do first.

Rods in then bivvy up or bivvy up then rod

thanks stevie :):D:)

Always get comfortable before starting to fish, that way if something unusual happens you won't get flustered trying to find things, tripping over stuff etc. Also you can concentrate 100% on the rods from the moment they hit the water. If you're setting up bivvies and the like when you get a run you could easily screw it up.

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

depends on the time i arrive and the likely weather.

if it,s during daylight hours and fine the rods will go out first ,if however it,s getting dark or possible rain then the bivvy will go up as i hate putting that up in the dark .this depends on me knowing the water and where the baits are going as getting the right spots is the most important.

so to summerise it depends on the time, weather, water, no help at all really :D cheers big al

british by birth ,english by the grace of god

Campers!

I don't put my bivvy up until dusk. It only takes 30 seconds [the wonders of a fox evo compact] and isn't too much hassle.

If you put your bivvy up beforehand you're less likely to move.

I am a mobile angler, not a static camper.

I don't start to 'unload' my gear until I know what swim i'm sticking in for the night.

Of course, there are many baiters and waiters who like to be 'comfortable', if fishing is about 'comfort' stay and home and watch matt hayes on the telly. :D:D:D