help.looking for good corn senting trick?

kevin

the carp over here are very picky at times.anybody got a good recipe i can try.im in b.c most of the carp here are in back water sloughs.hopfully some help will appear.

One of the beauties of carp is that they'll eat just about anything. This gives you almost unlimited options for flavours and colours. You'll probably have stuff at home already that you can use, just have a look through your spice rack or cake baking materials and you'll probably find a load of stuff that you could try. Personally I'd always try sweet stuff first probably for as much reason as the fact that I like them and they've worked for me in the past. I'm sure you'll have some maple syrup or molasses kicking around somewhere, and you can colour using almost any regular food dye. Some people swear by spices rather than sweet and I have little doubt they're right, I just prefer the sweet route. There are no hard and fast rules - you're limited only by your imagination :)

[ 26 May 2002, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: davidP ]

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

Kevin - do you pre-bait? How about chum during a session?

Not sure about your yankee carp but down here, strawberry flavor and doing some up with red food coloring is good. Lots of times I use a red with a couple of yellows on the hook.

Anise is a killer at times too. And available in the grocery store.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

hmmmmmmmm a sweet treat for carp.now this i have never tryed.would a brown sugar mix be usable.i have to be carfull over here,cause corn is supposed to be an illegal bait.but dfo usally turns there back when one is carpin.has anyone tryed a shrimp sent?

Kevin - a dodge we use down in the lower 48 where baiting is a no-no

Use a pack bait around a hook bait. Then, when you cast, just stop it suddenly. The pack bait will (surprise) fall off and sink.

Of course you gotta reel in and put another pack on.

Since you are using stuff directly on the hook, you should be well within any rules about baits. Just bad luck you lost the first 6 or 8 or 10 pack baits you put on.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

newt me an you must have fished in the same hole were those bait trolls are.every time i tyrn around my other bait bag goes missing.how does one become a member to your club.?