Cosgrove leisure park info PLEASE

common

Hi all can anyone give me honest information on the venue Cosgrove leisure park nr milton keynes. I have booked a pitch there for my touring caravan this april . I am a keen carp angler and the owners tell me there are carp all on the 12 lake complex up to 25 pound ...are they telling the truth and has anyone ever fished here that can pass on to me any valuable info ....many thanks chaps

Hi its two miles from my house, but I have never been there, except to watch a live gig by my mates band a fair few years ago. I do know a few people who do or have fished it. I would put them in the "pleasure angler" for mixed fishery class.

Site and bar are nice as far as i recall, but I have never heard of it referred to as a carp fishery around here. But thats not bad news because there could be some hardly fished for monsters awaiting you. Which is why now and again I still carp fish the teardrop lakes in MK for carp. First thing I would check is bait restrictions with site, i once went to day ticket water in lancs whist visiting in-laws, no boilies, no particles except corn.....

Cheers

Malcolm

thanks for the reply mate, I have seen their on site fish gallery and there has been a few low 20's caught I dont recall there being a bar on site unless you mean the hotel just outside..

there isn't any bait bans as such...

Anyone else know much about the place?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for that Carping bot...where are the best spots for the carp and which of the lakes do you reckon are also best bearing in mind there are a load of tourers round the jet ski lake and there dont seem to be many nice cut out ready made swims either

rite mate, you should find about 3 or 4 lakes behind the small river that runs through the park, fish the first lake you come to, its a very good lake but for the bigger carp fish the first lake you come to on the left hand side when you come through the gates, i've heard of some big fish in that one and had a few using bread on the bottom

i was told only last week that the place now has 12 lakes, which are very well stocked, and they get a fresh stock in ever year, mainly during the winter.

Oh my source is pretty good, he has a static over there, and has done for the last 30+ years, so i would say he was very qualified to give advise.

The river has good fishing and joins the Ouse some way down river.

You could also fish the Grand union canal which is very close by as well.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!