Bubble Floats

goin_fishin

• 2 weeks later...

You should use about 8-10 lb max for mainline through to the controller float(see thru are best) then use 6-8 lb hooklength depending on how big the fish are.Usual lengths of hooklink are 3-8ft.Also you will need to get the line to float.

If you attach a swivel after the controller it means if you get a break off for any reason you will still have controller to fight another cast.

The main thing is stealth ...keep low and quiet.

start by feeding some floating baits (dog bisuits or bread) and get them feeding confidently and if possible competing for the food.

Also take note to see where the freebies are travelling on the tow of wind etc etc and realise that the bait with the controller will do the same but slightly quicker.

As for casting try to hold off from going straight in as the fish will be easily spooked...

instead wait for when they are less wary and cast beyond them a slowly winch the controller float back.....last but not least try to watch the bait and not the controller...if you do hook a fish try if poss to steer it away from the area...but really that is much easier said than done !!

good luck !! i'm sure if you have a look through the articles section of the website there will be something there on surface fishing..and i'm sure it will be much more comprehensive !!

[ 03 April 2002, 12:33 PM: Message edited by: John 'BLOCK' ]

John "The Block" Westley