Expander Pellets

carlisle5353

When preparing expander pellets would you always try and use water from where you are going to fish or could you if they were being prepared the night before use water from a different fishery?

If you were going to add some flavour would tap water be alright?

Any advice please.

Ive never done Expander Pellets, but i would guess its similar to mixing ground bait. Which if I'm preparing before hand at home i use rain water from the water butt. I don't like the idea of tap water i believe they put chemicals in it.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

When preparing expander pellets would you always try and use water from where you are going to fish or could you if they were being prepared the night before use water from a different fishery?

If you were going to add some flavour would tap water be alright?

Any advice please.

Dont know if you have hard water or not. Does the water taste okay to you?

Regarding preparation - some people use boiling water (let the pellets soak up the water) or cold water with a pellet pump and leave them for 20-30 minutes to soften. Either way works.

Expander pellets are excellent and fish love them, I have caught fish with mouths far smaller that the pellets, they just suck them in.