south muskham fisheries

nathan

used to fish it every week for a couple of seasons, had some huge tench and my mate had the lake record carp (36 pound ish)

key thing really is choosing the right swim, especially on the bigger pits.

i dont remember doing anything unusual rig or bait wise, and we always caught decent fish, that why we went back so often!

as with any water it really pays to spend a while looking round before you pick your swim, as you can take your car round its easy there to have a proper look (i've actually got some photos somewhere of pit 5 and pit 6 when they were drained a few years ago, and some of the underwater features are amazing, and no i wont send them you, that would be cheating!)

i did hear a rumour that some of the better fish had been pinched when it was between managers, but not sure if thats true or not.

dont forget the river stretch there too, where 20 - 30lb carp regularly used to be seen

me and my mate biked there from newark and we saw the 6th lake when it was drained but i think they will be a bit to hard for me i was thinking about the 3rd lake myself does anyone know about that one

aahhhhh pit 3, a man of good taste! dont tell anyone i told you, but if you stand facing the lake, between the A1 and the lake, you want to be in the left hand corner, any of those swims there have a history of good tench close in, and good carp close in, and further out

there isn't a right or a wrong method, just persevere with a method you're confident in. boilies and pellets sounds about right, well as right as anything! most fish will eat pretty much anything if they're in the mood. get on those pegs in the corner and you should get some action

try different distances, experimentation is the key, the fish seem to congregate in that corner, so try one rod close in, to get them while they're hanging about, and try one further out, moving it around if you dont get any action after 30 minutes or an hour.

as i said before theres no right and wrong way to do it, no ones told the fish that you have to be 73 yards out with a trigga boilie, so dont rely on one place or method