whelford pools

moose

I fished there a couple of years ago and the best bait by far was a single tigernut hookbait, simple as that!

On the 'now' syndicate lake pepperami hookbaits and trout pellets (PVA bag) were doing the biz.

Peperami still doing the biz on the Top lake (the day ticket lake). If you want to catch from this lake, make sure you do something different bait-wise. I would never go there and fish standard 16 mm boilies and a few freebies. These fish have seen an awful lot of pressure and the best tip is to go with something different. one chap used garlic flavoured sausage meat and absolutely hauled the place apart.

Please don't overlook maggots either. Do a search on the FW forum and you'll fin some advice on there.

Cheers

Chris

Sorry, it's the Fishingwarehouse forum. A very active carp section which has in the past discussed Whelford in some detail. Worth checking out.. http://www.fishingwarehouse.co.uk

I fished Whelford very regularly for about 4 years up until last year. LOTS of carp in there (well over 600 doubles in 3 acres!) but that doesn't make them easy.

Ignore the margins at your peril, and find the bloodworm beds in the summer to really help your chances.

Cheers

Chris