nazeing meads

nicky

Before you became a member, would it hvae been a good idea to find out what is in the lake first? Sorry, just a thought, research can save you lots of blank trips, especially if there is no carp in the water!

hello neil, the lake looks really good, only a couple of people fish it, the south lake and brackens are really busy,i have seen a few fish jump that looked really decent and seen a few high doubles in the margins whilst walking round and my first trip(3 days) i caught a 22 and a half common....the reason its not busy is that its 80 acres and i dont think there are that many fish in there..so i know there are carp there just not how many or how big..YET!

lots to find out, never fished a lake so big...

cheers.

A very pukka water indeed. Biggest known fish Floppy Tail at 37.12, 4 commons over 35lb too. Mega hard, 68 acres with 36 swims, virtually unfished.

Look out for my 'On Tour Through Essex' series in CarpTalk, it will be included there in the next 4 - 6 weeks.

Cheers,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

just been back to nazeing meads for 3 days and caught 2 common carp 11 lb and 13 lb (lost 2??

hook just came out, that never happens to me usually?any ideas??) and one mirror 17 pound..

glad to be getting bites, the first fish i lost seemed really big..