Middy White Knuckle 6M Pole

Rolo

I have just ordered one of these poles, I am a beginner and thought it was perfect that it came with one 6-8 elsastic and a 24 elastic, I can swap between the two when I see fit for silvers and carp.

Was just wondering, has anyone else used this pole and is it any good?

Thanks.

big beefy thing................ good for pulling big lumps put of the margins!! only comes with 1 top section though does it not?? would be a pain to keep swapping elastics and you won't be able to do this on the bank!!

wait wait wait, dip, strike, net, wait wait wait.....

Hi Rolo

I own this pole. It comes with 2 top sections as you suggested. I fished with it all last year and for margin work it seems perfect for me. I'm ralatively new to coarse fishing, so I don't have anything to compare it too, but I had some good bags of fish with it last year and landed my biggest mirror (21lb 7oz) fishing it at 5 meters next to a reed bed. The carp dived for the reeds but the pole eased it out without showing any signs of strain.

All in all, as a margin pole I would say it's as good as you'll ever need on most commercial waters.

Hope this helps

Arkie....

PS Don't tread on your spare top section, it tends to break it..... :angry:

The pole just got delivered to my door.

The top bit for the size8 elastic is telescopic and the rest is a normal take apart pole.

It has come with a size 8 elastic and another top kit, looks to be size 24.

Do you think I should replace the size 24 elastic with something not as strong? or is it good for a margin pole to dig the carp out?

Also I'm a beginner and don't know how take the telescopic top kit off the pole and put the size 24 top kit on?

Any help, sorry for all the questions.

Thanks.

Ho Rolo

I think my spare top two came with a 20 elastic. At this stage I wouldn't change the elastic until you've fished some venues with it and tried it out. If you're fishing waters where there are hazards in the margins and the pond contains decent sized fish, then you'll find you will probably need the stronger elastic.

With regard chnaging your telescopic top two, simply remove the bung from the bottom of your poile and slide out the top two.

Hope that helps...

Arkie