Bridgend Area

joshseadog

I am considering buying my first fishing kayak when I noticed a couple of yakers fishing off Ogmore by Sea yesterday Sat 3 May. If you gentlemen read these posts I would be glad to contact you to discuss my options and for some general advice. Any help from yakkers in the Bridgend Porthcawl area would be appreciated. Cheers Josh.

I am considering buying my first fishing kayak when I noticed a couple of yakers fishing off Ogmore by Sea yesterday Sat 3 May. If you gentlemen read these posts I would be glad to contact you to discuss my options and for some general advice. Any help from yakkers in the Bridgend Porthcawl area would be appreciated. Cheers Josh.

hi josh,just starting out ourselves,me and the neighbour.went out yesterday(sunday 4th) and had a great day.we paddled from newton to the deeps testing our new tridents out,nightmare paddling against the tide coming back though,but very impressed with them.next time out now were gunna be fishing from them.if your looking for a yak give tristar angling a go,gary done us a good deal with the 2 boats.good luck . carl..

Hey Josh

It was quite likely myself and JRev that you saw on our home patch last Saturday.

We are both running Prowler 13's - red/yellow

Although I would'nt consider myself an authority on kayak fishing, I have been at it for a couple of years. So if I can help with some setting up advice I'd be more than happy to do so.Contact ancient-mariner@btconnect.com

Regards

Ancientmariner

Hi Guys, Thanks for your replies. I wanted to check out with local yakers, how easy or not as the case maybe, paddling against the tidal race around our shoreline and the ease of anchoring in such conditions. Also on a good day how far out would be wise to venture to fish. I would also like to know and share any tips you may have for rooftop loading onto a Jeep 4x4. How easy would it be to do single handed for a chap past his prime. Thanks once again.

Cheers, Josh.

Hi Guys, Thanks for your replies. I wanted to check out with local yakers, how easy or not as the case maybe, paddling against the tidal race around our shoreline and the ease of anchoring in such conditions. Also on a good day how far out would be wise to venture to fish. I would also like to know and share any tips you may have for rooftop loading onto a Jeep 4x4. How easy would it be to do single handed for a chap past his prime. Thanks once again.

Cheers, Josh.

one bit of advice i would give you,dont go alone unless its a small tide in a sheltered bay.safety first at all times.it's more fun with other people anyway, lots of banter.there are a few new kayakers in this area,we just all need to meet up one day. ;)