Worst Tackle You Ever Bought?

andy_moule

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gaffer:

Hi all, you couldn't pay me to use anything from Nash.  You can go through all my gear and you won't find a single thing with the Nash name on it.  As for the bloke himself....

I just wish you'd stop sitting on the fence and say what you mean Gaffer :D:D:D

No on second thoughts maybe you'd better not :rolleyes::D

Cheers

Andy

ANMC Member, Go on you want to too !

I didn't have too many problems with Sensitrons, mind you I worked at Freemans at the time, and used to buy them from the staff shop at about £15 each. Funnily enough mine never failed in the rain, although I agree it was almost impossible to change the batteries. I must have had at least five of them, as they kept breaking at the screw thread when my rod pod was continually blown over at Cromwell Weir, the windiest place on earth. I patched them up with Araldite, but they all ended up at different heights. They did finally become a bit unreliable, but that was mainly because of my amateurish attempt to fit them with an On/Off switch. The concept was quite advanced for the time, although they were obviously designed and tested by idiots.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.