I wanted a usable 'out of camera' usable JPG

Sutton Warrior

The only reason that I posted is that you seem to go through extreme turmoil on the forums searching for answers that are right under your nose.

Why do you routinely over complicate matters so much?

It was only five minutes ago that you were telling the forum that SLR's were an unnecessary inconvenience, were only wielded by 'anoraks' sporting 'cheap glass' and that compacts were the way to go.

Anyway, if you want simple, take the shot in RAW / JPG, with the 'correct' / most honest settings available and make minuscule adjustments to suit. Job done.

You know what Sharkbyte, I had not picked up the DSLR for 6 months, used the P&S happily, perhaps I was right all along?? Seems you just love to pick holes!!! Its obvious one cant pose questions and expect constructive answers . . . You dont take it in, I DONT WANT TO USE RAW!!!!!!

Why spit your dummy, Cliff? Was there really any need to go pulling all of your posts like a spoiled child?

You say that you wanted 'constructive'. Constructive isn't necessarily having people pat you on the back all the time, telling you that your way is right. Sometimes folk will (should) point out the obvious when we can't see the wood for the trees anymore.

I don't remember you posting any questions. All I remember is you telling readers that Photoshop is faking, and using the topic as little more than an excuse to vent your spleen.

Sorry, but the technique you are employing, IMO using the cameras internal processor to produce unrealistic 'eye candy' (I too know the location, very well), hardly meets your brief of 'what you see is what you get'. More out of sight, out of mind.

You dont take it in, I DONT WANT TO USE RAW!!!!!!

New computer, new screen, numerous internet threads.......and your already tired of RAW. Give me strength. I'm just glad that I wasn't one of the members who spent their valuable time entertaining your latest flight of fancy.

FWIW I had guessed as much, that is why I said 'RAW / JPG'. You aren't the only person who uses / views this forum, and, just occasionally, someone may wish to hear of an alternative / more simplistic viewpoint.

Edited by Sharkbyte

Why spit your dummy, Cliff? Was there really any need to go pulling all of your posts like a spoiled child?

You say that you wanted 'constructive'. Constructive isn't necessarily having people pat you on the back all the time, telling you that you're way is right. Sometimes folk will (should) point out the obvious when we can't see the wood for the trees anymore.

I don't remember you posting any questions. All I remember is you telling readers that Photoshop is faking, and using the topic as little more than an excuse to vent your spleen.

Sorry, but the technique you are employing, IMO using the cameras internal processor to produce unrealistic 'eye candy' (I too know the location, very well), hardly meets your brief of 'what you see is what you get'. More out of sight, out of mind.

New computer, new screen, numerous internet threads.......and your already tired of RAW. Give me strength. I'm just glad that I wasn't one of the members who spent their valuable time entertaining your latest flight of fancy.

FWIW I had guessed as much, that is why I said 'RAW / JPG'. You aren't the only person who uses / views this forum, and, just occasionally, someone may wish to hear of an alternative / more simplistic viewpoint.

You just have to keep digging dont you Sharkbyte, flight of fancy? duff computer forced the issue, I was most grateful for their help, no flight of fancy! Spit the dummy cos I got fed up with nonconstructive (as usual) comments from your self. I dont have to accept you view, indeed, I dont. I will be out this weekend trying a few more ideas, In the end it may not be practical or work, but at least I'm not 'stick in the mud', I do try!

Sharkbyte, you have a very irritating way with criticism, IMHO. How about getting constructivly involved, if you are so good (in your opinion), why not regularly enter the competition for instance, show some interest, put the money where the 'mouth' is. I might not be much good, but I do try to do my bit!

May I suggest we draw a line . . . this is going to get boring ________________________________________________________________________________

____________ <_<

SW