Fox Euro pod

JMW

Someone I know is selling a Fox Euro pod, I wanted an X Pod Plus, but am wondering about getting the Euro pod now. Could someone who has one or has used one tell me what they think. How stable are they compared to the X pod, how small do they fold down and how quick and easy are they to set up and take down.

Cheers

Jon

Hi JMW, I've had a Euro pod for about 5 years and it's done me well.

It takes around the same time to set up as an X pod and it's just as steady. They practically weigh the same, but IMO the Euro pod has more options. It's built with the big lakes in mind so the rod tips can point to the sky.

I don't think one is any better than the other, but if you want to be up on the fashion then I'd go for the X pod.

Trouble is, neither of them are shiney enough for me.......I love stainless!!! :cool: :)

Cheers Gaffer! What I want to avoid is setting of all my alarms when you fiddle with one rod, is this a problem with the Euro Pod?

Cheers

Jon

Gaffer,

I forgot to ask, I have been offered a Super Sod Pod, whats your (or anyone elses) opinion on them?

Cheers

Jon

JMW:

Cheers Gaffer!  What I want to avoid is setting of all my alarms when you fiddle with one rod, is this a problem with the Euro Pod?

Cheers

Jon

Yes, the Euro pod does do that from time to time (rarely), but only when the buzz-bars are fully extended and when using my heavier big pit reels. With the X pod this is even less likely to happen.

JMW:

Gaffer,

I forgot to ask, I have been offered a Super Sod Pod, whats your (or anyone elses) opinion on them?

Cheers

Jon

I've never used a Sod Pod, so I can't help you there, but I do like the way they shine!! :)

JMW:

Gaffer,

Cheers

Jon

Buy it!!! Had mine several years now and it still looks like new. Bit heavier than some I've had previously, but I won't need to be buying another, barring theft of course.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Cheers Guys! He wants £100 for it with Pozi Lok Buzz Bars. that seems expensive to me when I can buy one for £100 new without the buzz bars!

Cheers

Jon