Loch Ken

ajbirty

Hi to you all,

I'm Andrew and I was looking for a way to highlight the issue of AS crayfish in Loch Ken. I came across this forum and I think it will be just what I needed to collate info on the matter. to hopefully wake up the authorities.

I have fished the water for some 15 yrs now and have witnessed the potential ecological nightmare unfold.

Loch Ken is a truly magnificent water and the alien infestation cannot go unchecked for much longer without significant problems arising. The local economy is dependant, to some good degree on us anglers and will be harmed by inactivity by the authorities.

It is my intention to use this platform to guage the reaction of other anglers who use the loch.

The authorities are doing something shortly but perhaps not in a sustainable way.

The problem needs constant attention, to maintain a depletion of the infestation. Erradication will not be possible but a reduction must happen.

Thankyou if you read this and thank you if you share your views.

Andrew.

I'll move this to the conservation forum, where your other post on the subject resides...

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE