denny009

hi all need help looking for a book on rigs for river and still waters any advice ia appreciated dennis

Hi 'denny009,' You dont say what type of fishing you will be doing, or what tackle you will be using,(ie pole or rod or both). For the pole Bob nudd's basic pole fishing books are good and there is a good book by Mark Whintle and Graham Marsden called "Pole fishing , a complete guide" which is excellent. for general course fishing try looking in the charity shops for second hand books, there is nothing new in fishing, the rigs and methods haven't changed since the 60s. you dont need to follow the latest trends to catch fish. Lean the basics and think about what you are trying to do and try anything.

Go to www.fishingmagic.com and join the site , they have articles about everythig fishy and really good tutorials.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Anglers' Net Dennis.

Short but sweet, the following articles by John Wilson might be useful to you:

Getting Started Float Fishing

Getting Started Fishing for Chub and Barbel

Just type those phrases into your favourite search engine, the articles used to be on the Masterline site, but they seem to have gone in the recent site update.

Edited by Angly

Geoff

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...