Prickly Heat Rash

Andy Macfarlane

I've been getting prickly heat rash on the backs of hands this year. It's a first for me but one thing I've been doing a lot of lately, is mixing and using groundbait. Does anyone think that the dusty nature of groundbait and sudden heat we've been having would cause this because it bloody irritating to the point where I didn't want to go outside today.

I'm also starting to wonder if photosensitivity has anything to with it. I started wearing hi-lux specs not so long ago because I suffer from bad headaches and my eyes reacting to light was the case. I'm not starting to wonder if I'm becoming a bleeding vampire or something.

It's the weekend and I'm not going to see a doctor or an optician for a while but has anyone suffered from prickly heat from using groundbait before???

The eyes thing remains to be seen as it were.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Some years back I started suffering from prickly heat when I began to use high-factor sun screens when abroad on holiday (Med). Shoulders and upper arms mostly. No groundbait involved though.

But this is strictly anecdotal evidence ;)

Blocked sweat glands seem to be the issue, but there's no mention of finely-ground wheat products at :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miliaria

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Guest Rabbit

I have had prickly heat all over my chest and legs, it was itchy hell, the only thing that gave me relief was antihistamaine tablets, I have developed an allergy to maggots recently, come out in cold like symptoms but a antihistamaine tablet taken before I go stops the symptoms. It may not be the maggots I am allergic to perhaps the dye is the problem, could be the same problem with the groundbait you are using.

i have photo sensative eyes ,its agrievated my relected or over bright white lights ,and is a bugger when driving on a bright day and if i don't where sunglasses too shield my eyes ,later on i'll have a humungus skull splitting headahce (like someones trying too prise my brain apart ,driving at night (after bright sunshine) is worse as the intensaty of the other cars headlights can bring on a megga head ache while i'm driving (its that bad i could easily kill someone if they upset me ,as thinking only makes the pain worse (i'm literally like a bear with a sore head) .i whare anti glare glasses ,amber in daytime and yellow for night (they double up as polerized glasses) (the yellow ones are amazing) and the best bit is they only cost a pound from carboots or a little more from e-bay (there is some simular day glasses about ,thats no good as they filter out blue colour ,best binned )

day amber ones:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=230274686490

night driving glasses:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/ANTI%20GLARE%20DRIV...SSES&_naf=1

i also drink a lot while driving as de-hydration don't help ,i've also a suspition certain foods don't help

prickly heat rash i can't help with ,except changing what you eat on hot days .switch fruits citrus for bannanas and pears for apples etc ,building up on vitamin c cant hurt.

try wharing gloves when mixing g/b and long sleaves rather than short ,its basically a process of elimination .

i no longer drink milk (except in tea) as i've discovered i'm lactose intollerant ,probably part of my migraine problem ,eliminated now ,but buy doo i miss cerials ,tryed goats milk but its too creamy for my liking ,but tesco's now has lactose free milk in ,i really must try

my biggest problem is i don't take pill's etc to counter the pain ,just endure it untill the endorphines kick inn

good luck with the sensative eyes and rash

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I would agree with some in that it may be something in the groundbait you are allergic to. Make sure you wash your hands of well after mixing, if there is some mud on the bank/bottom, give your hands a good rubbing over with some mud as it will act as a cleaning agent. (Also a good way of getting rid of meths/petrol smells off your hands after filling your cooker) If that fails, take an antihestimine tablet as soon as you feel it start.

Chavender, I have changed to soya milk and it has helped in many ways including reducing my migrains. Try the Alpro or any of the 'better' quality ones, I have tried most but prefer the taste of the dearer ones and even have it on my cereal. It, like most things is an aquired taste but ok once you get used to it.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers everyone...still dunno what triggered it but it's died down now. I'm going to use the leftover groundbait I had and if it flares up again, I can rule it out but I think I'll get full of antihistimines because that did help.

Chavender, I actually go specs from the optician last november...do a search..."4 eyes" was the topic I think. The problem was solved and btw, I totally appreciate where you're coming from. It's 'orrible. You should speak to the optician if it's the same condition. I've not had much bother since I got my specs.

....Andy.... :thumbs:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...