Chicken of the sea!

Bret Baker

Quick Tuna report from John at the lodge!

Went fishing last Saturday, since I have a nice week off after that great Tournament that we hosted, went with my friend Dr. Cattan of David , Capt. Macho and capt. Sergio, made bait in Isla Biuda with some nice Blue Runner, so we start heading between

Coiba Island and Jicaron , we encountered some nice school of Yfts in Punta Hermosa and tried Popping for them using OTI komodo popper, got one after trying for half hour, so we figure the fishes were not too interested in wood, so we start flipping the blue Runners over using my favorite spinning gear, OTI xtreme w/ Stella 20000 , I wanted to test this set up on a nice big cow , caught a few of them between 50# to 70 #, definitely a enjoyable fight on spinning , then I hook in to one and start peeling and burning line , I said oh S!@##$ !!!, Macho gets on the wheel quick , I am going to run out of line, it went like that for a 5 to 10 minutes , and then the line slack but there was still something on( half a fish) , this time I said F!@#$ ! F!@##$$ , I was so sure i had a big fish, anyway a big shark took my fish and bit it right in half, Oh well ! , we had a good day fishing got into more school near the southern tip of Coiba, weather is perfect , we did not encounter any rain at all….. enjoy the Pics! ( Yes I only have one fishing shirt )

DSC_5824.jpg

Great shot!

DSC_5828.jpg

Check out that calm water!

DSC_5855.jpg

DSC_5812.jpg

SHARKED!

DSC_5873.jpg

DSC_5874.jpg

Typical scenery

DSC_5899.jpg

DSC_5891.jpg

DSC_5719.jpg

DSC_5794.jpg

Interesting colors on this fish

DSC_5729.jpg

Double header!

DSC_5789.jpg

DSC_5760.jpg

How the ell do they get such a big fish into such a Likkle Round Tin. :2:

It would be so much fun getting a Full House of those on a set of Mackerel Feathers. :fishing:

Some great photos, keep them coming. :camera:

Edited by John E Ashford
Cheers 4 Now

John E

ANBanna.gif

How the ell do they get such a big fish into such a Likkle Round Tin. :2:

It would be so much fun getting a Full House of those on a set of Mackerel Feathers. :fishing:

Some great photos, keep them coming. :camera:

Man if you had a few of them on at once that would be total chaos.......even the small 40lbers would be nuts if you had 2 or 3 on!!!