Fishponds lido

Frome (river)

Ham Green lake

Henleaze lake

Roundwood pond

Sevington lakes

Tanhouse farm lakes

West Country Water Park

I haven't fished any of these but, as with another post, I thought it might help to list them, so the names could prompt some genuine reviews. My directory has phone numbers for most, and lists of fish species present: what sort of fishing do you hope to do?

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Hi Pangolin

I am really after small carp,crucians and tench etc. Oddly enough I came from Bristol and remember vividly watching two anglers pull out shedloads of Tench and Crucians from the Docks. Not living in Bristol for a long time, I have lost touch with what is available etc.

MD

The three that fit that profile are:

Bitterwell: 01454 778960

Henleaze: 01179 623748

Sevington: 01179 861841

Given that's all the recommendation I can give, do telephone the fishery before taking a chance, to check availability of day-tickets, and how well they are fishing, before making a choice.

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

• 2 weeks later...