Advice please - Pagham

bryan

Hi Guys

Some advice would be appreciated, my best friend and myself are hoping to take our 4 year old fishing for the first time in a few weeks, i generally make the trip down to Dorset, however this time we are going to try Pagham!

Can anyone advise some good safe areas that would get the kids interest's and any reliable bait shops in that area?

many thanks in advance for any help. :D

Keep it reel!!

There's a tackle shop on route at -

http://www.yell.com/listings/DoFindListing.../Fishing-Tackle

The beach is mainly undulating shingle onto clean sand; although there are some rougher bits near the concrete groynes.

The sea can be dangerous to youngsters at high water when the water is quite deep with a left to right current. Don't camp too close to the HW mark.

Main species will be mackies, school bass and small bream in the day and bigger bass and smoothies at night.

paghammarkclear.jpg

:rolleyes:

H.A

Brilliant! thats very helpful, i am hoping for mackerall and the kids will be able to help reel them in!

Hopefully there will be some left for us if they are in?, not too many reports for good catches of them lately.

Does it get buys there with families on the beach? weather dependant i suppose?

Keep it reel!!

Local anglers there have a very good relationship with the Yacht Club, so keep 100m (min) away from their slipway.

It fishes well all along.

There's some mucky (but not tackle swallowing) ground from the first concrete groyne to the right of PYC.

It gets very busy and parking can be a problem. There's a free car park opposite the pub and limited parking opposite the amusements.

The Pagham Harbour Car Park closes at 8pm and the access road is bumpy!

I keep my frequent visits to weekdays (not Friday).

This little lady went back ....

pag3.jpg

Good luck!

:)

Thats a beauty!

Just hope we catch something, thats all we need to keeps the kids interest!

Your help is much appreciated

Keep it reel!!