Rivers....a sad state of affairs

Neil G

It's not a club-controlled stretch though, Blockend. People go fishing in the Summer as part of a day drinking by the river - especially on free stretches.

Nail on the head

I do think that on my free stretch fishing is something you do whilst getting hosed and littering the place up. Last night there were scrotes everywhere boozing it up including the customary bunch who couldn't handle it and were getting chopsy as I walked past with my fishing gear

Slowly loosing my patience....actually wishing the weather would turn so it would keep some of these a-holes at home on their PS3s/Wii's!

Edited by Neil G

Guest Rabbit
that is sad we dont even get dumpers down our secluded track any more ,a nice makita drill was found last time and i'm still waiting to find a use for 3 nice windows as well as other stuff.

look on the bright side its a form of recycling.

i remember years ago metal detecting in the verges of a road and i found a load of almost rusted away springs and some bits of wood with hundreds of copper studs in.

after clearing this no doubt ex armchair that had been dumped many years before i scanned the ground where it had been and found 3 halfcrowns, a florin and a handful of copper coins :D

I'm always up for a bit of scavenging meself mind...but the banks on the Teme are a sheer drop of 30 feet just there, you would need ropes harnesses and pulleys to get anything out. :angry: Florin.... Half Crowns? blimey that takes me back, 'course that's when it ALL went tit$ up when they scrapped LSD, I mean if you had a tanner in pocket money you could buy a Caramac and a Jubillee bag and still have change, what can you but for 2.5 p now?

I must be lucky.My favourite river stretches are relatively rubbish and undesirables free.They arent free areas but the club licences run from£14-£35 for a season which is pretty cheap.Public footpaths run along or close to fair lengths of all of them(ive joined three this season).My main complaint is that i see far too many dogwalkers and hikers.The hikers arent much of a problem but the dogwalkers seem to think that their favourite canine friends have free run up and down the bank,In the water-sometimes in my swim,and that bait is free food!.This is of course very annoying but i usually smile and put up with it.I honestly dont think that they realise its a problem.In contrast twenty years ago i hardly saw anyone other than anglers.I suppose as more and more people realise what beautiful places our riverbanks are there can only be more "users" that we will have to share with.

I'm always up for a bit of scavenging meself mind...but the banks on the Teme are a sheer drop of 30 feet just there, you would need ropes harnesses and pulleys to get anything out. :angry: Florin.... Half Crowns? blimey that takes me back, 'course that's when it ALL went tit$ up when they scrapped LSD, I mean if you had a tanner in pocket money you could buy a Caramac and a Jubillee bag and still have change, what can you but for 2.5 p now?

That'll be a 'Jamboree' bag, Rabbit!

I suppose as more and more people realise what beautiful places our riverbanks are there can only be more "users" that we will have to share with.

And that might be a good thing I suppose as they might then want to help preserve these places?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I must be lucky.My favourite river stretches are relatively rubbish and undesirables free.They arent free areas but the club licences run from£14-£35 for a season which is pretty cheap.Public footpaths run along or close to fair lengths of all of them(ive joined three this season).My main complaint is that i see far too many dogwalkers and hikers.The hikers arent much of a problem but the dogwalkers seem to think that their favourite canine friends have free run up and down the bank,In the water-sometimes in my swim,and that bait is free food!.This is of course very annoying but i usually smile and put up with it.I honestly dont think that they realise its a problem.In contrast twenty years ago i hardly saw anyone other than anglers.I suppose as more and more people realise what beautiful places our riverbanks are there can only be more "users" that we will have to share with.

I really wish I only had dogwalkers to contend with!

I moaned about the winter & the lack of sport on the rivers but at least it did keep the part timers/bad anglers at bay lol