Southwold Fishing

1965nick

Hi,

Can anyone give me any information about fishing in the Blyth estuary near Southwold?

Is it lure fishing for bass, or bait fishing for mullet?

Are their any areas worth fishing?

Any information appreciated.

Any help at all on any fishing around southwold?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Best thing to do is have a look on these forums instead:

- Eastern Anglers

- The Eastern forum on WSF

You will need to put each one into google, because I don't have the URLs while I'm typing this.

Each of these forums has fishing reports, advice etc. for Southwold and surrounding coastline.

Also there is a guide to fishing Southwold, concentrating from just north of the pier to the harbour entrance. Can't remember how to get it from the net, again try Google.

The river Blyth throws up the odd bass but there are a lot of people with blanks. You need to fish very early morning because once the boat traffic starts the bass don't want to know. Haven't seen any mullet yet, but I'm no mulleter. I don''t think it's got much of a reputation for mullet, due to the very fast moving water on the flood and the ebb.

Hope this helps.

Any help at all on any fishing around southwold?