Warrington Anglers

Guest Big G

Guest crazyhazy

Joined Warrington Anglers

Has anybody fished their stretch of the Ribble? Also the last time I was a member I fished Astle Pool and it was all Pike is this still the case?

Im in WAA and have fished one of their stretch's of the ribble (balderstone) and found it to be shallow 3/4 way across with deeper runs on the far bank which are snaggy, which is where the barbel hang out.If your going for the barbel and chub you'll need to fish quite heavy as it is a large river and 20-30 yard casts are usually required to get to the far bank.There are some big barbel in there as well so dont leave your rod for a second.

I think they may have lost the rights to astle pool so i would check before you go. It was either there or cicley mill im not 100% sure, i will check next time i look at my card.

Regards Paul Mc