Going to an airshow

Snatcher

It is really hard to get prop (or rotor i guess it should be) blur on any kind of helicopter, this was at 1/80th of a second (hand held at an effective 640mm), even 250ths will surfice for prop shots but the slower the better :)

These are all from Sunderland, none were pushed a stop because of the light refelcting off the sea, they didnt need it (and you can get it back shooting raw anyway to be honest)

sunderland_airshow_2009_1114.jpg

sunderland_airshow_2009_0018.jpg

sunderland_airshow_2009_0167.jpg

sunderland_airshow_2009_0500.jpg

sunderland_airshow_2009_0676.jpg

sunderland_airshow_2009_1152.jpg

sunderland_airshow_2009_0981.jpg

Great shots guys.

Went to the air show many years ago at Usworth airport, Sunderland.

HB and his sister were sitting on the roof of the sister in laws shed at Hylton when the Vulcan flew over really low and powered up into a climb right above us. The noise was tremendous.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Great shots guys.

Went to the air show many years ago at Usworth airport, Sunderland.

HB and his sister were sitting on the roof of the sister in laws shed at Hylton when the Vulcan flew over really low and powered up into a climb right above us. The noise was tremendous.

Cheers Fred

Thanks Clifftop, it was my first time at Sunderland and it was brill, much better than Waddington.