double kayak advice please

Hi been thinking of buying a angling kayak for a while. Have a canadian canoe whichis great for rivers and lochs but no good for sea fishing. As I have children thought a double would be the best option. Open to suggestions as to which would be the best one to go for.

Cheers

John

Hi been thinking of buying a angling kayak for a while. Have a canadian canoe whichis great for rivers and lochs but no good for sea fishing. As I have children thought a double would be the best option. Open to suggestions as to which would be the best one to go for.

Cheers

John

Hi John, we have the Malibu 2 XL and I can't think of anything thats wrong with it. It hold two adults with comfort and a child in the middle seat, you can put storage wells in it and as far as handling goes its great. I'm 5.11 and about 10.5 stone and not built like a monster, the other half is about a size 6 and also disabled. We manage fine in our yak and have even been stupid enough to tackle 9 foot waves in the med on a few occations without any problems. You'd have to be a fool to turn it over, I've dirved off ours and its never come close to tipping over.

It's also not hard to take out alone, just move one of the seats to the middle position and your away.

I think you'll find you can get one with two seats and a paddle for under £500 so I'd say it's a good all round deal.