First Ghost carp

Andy_1984

been fishing at magiscroft in cumbernauld a fair bit with andy macfarlane been catching a fair few carp, nothing bigger than 4lb but good sport

a day earlier andy was up with his mate dave and i poped down for a chat and a coffee, they told me stories of a large ghostie cruising about the margins so i went up the next day with andy, got myself together sdome ground bait, strawberry silver x canal and lake groundbait, mixed with pellets soaked in strawberry dynabait? and "Real" mashed up strawberry and a dash of dynabait green liped muscle and betaine and sweet corn.

and for hook bait, a single prawn dipped in strawberry dynabait about 3 feet under a loaded waggler.

i fed up two swims either end of my peg infront of the weeds, and as sure as carp are carp a small ghostie went swiming by on the same route i planted my groundbait.

got a few tugs on the float and struck in to nothing but water.

a few more ghosties frequented my swim, then two at the same time!

a few hours in to the session a big ghostie cruised by toward my float, then swerved away from it. in a childish rage i picked up a knuckle full of sweetcorn and slamming it to the water around my float.

but it obviously worked as it about turned and headed straight for the sweetcorn but decided it liked the look of my strawberry prawn and took the float off at break neck speed :D

it weighed 7lb 12oz

later on i hooked in to a 4lb tench, the very same tench andy had caught the day before, recognisable by the 2 blue spots on its head (1 small 1 big) not my first tench, 2nd actually but what a fight!

a few days later andys mate dave caught the ghostie aswel, recognisable by the black patch around its eye and the bit missing from its tail.

post-7003-1251489191_thumb.jpg

post-7003-1251489197_thumb.jpg

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk