Leitrim piking

Jim Murray

Obviously loads of choice but look no further than Lough Allen.

There are several access points for shore fishing but i like the top of the lake at Ballinanaglerrah.

If you have access to a boat the islands off cormongan pier can fish well but water levels can be a problem . Trolling off the power station has produced plenty of fish for us a as well

Lough scur is easier fishing with plenty of small fish.

if you like a roving approach try the river down from the sluice gates.

Plenty of small pike from the road side on St johns Lough (drumshanbo to Ballinamore road.

If you are prepared to travel about another 40 mins have a look at the lakes at Hill Street (Na Blaghy) good fishing off the wooden Jetty.

Enjoy and visit Foxs Tavern (used to be floods and could be something else now ) for a quiet guiness or 12. plenty of fisherman usually prresent For tackle and further info try Lough Scur tackle on carrick to ballinamore road

good luck

Pete - thanks for the info, unfortunately I got it too late. Had car probs on way up so only got two days' fishing. Transport was limited so fished local lakes(garadice and a smaller one) near Ballinamore.

Had 2 on deadbait and 2 on fly, biggest 10 pounds. Thanks for the info, will recce these spots on next trip up there, cheers,

Jim.