Locating for a fishery

Rob 5059

Guys I am off to the States for 3 months in March but before I go, I want to do 3 or 4 nights fishing bivvying up, wondered if you had any recommendations, the sort of place I am after:

As I will be alone would like somewhere reasonably secure and safe, your not going to wake up to find your tackle has gone, or have a load of trouble.

Obviously somewhere with Facilities toilets, perhaps shower and some sort of food available.

Not bothered about catching monsters, a runs water is more important, although to see a 20 in the net would be absolutely great :P

I live in Cheshire but I'll be very willing to travel for the right place.

Done a lot of searching around the net but I thought any recommendations off here would be good .

Thanks a lot

Rob H

it depends how far your willing to travel. Its a very long way, 140 odd miles to be precise, but around the Milton Keynes and Oxford are we have everything you'ld be after, 2 places in particular "Milton Pool" Thame and "Furzton" in Milton Keynes would suit your needs perfectly.

I know this probably isn't much help due to its too far but fingers crossed you find your venue!

Thanks a lot Jaxx traveling to Milton Keynes wouldn't be a prob at all I just really fancy doing a 4 night or so problem free stint, actually never done it before done the odd night on local waters but I just thought after all excitment!! Christmas brings thought before I go away I'd go and have a peaceful get away just chill out and for me it would be really exciting.

Any info or even tactics your willing to part with ( I know this is taking liberties after you have probably put hours of work in to find out) on these waters would be really gratefully received.

I will of course do as much of reseach as poss on them on the net

Thanks a lot

Rob

Well in my opinion you want to go to Milton Pool in thame, its the better of the two, holds 3 lakes i think, secure car park, locked over night and opened during the day, tackle shop, toilets and some beautiful fish including cats. You will have to tell me when you plan to go and i will have to make my way down!

Have a couple beers and keep our fingers crossed for a couple nights!

Edit: http://www.fisheries.co.uk/milton/ thats there website

Edited by Jaxx

Well in my opinion you want to go to Milton Pool in thame, its the better of the two, holds 3 lakes i think, secure car park, locked over night and opened during the day, tackle shop, toilets and some beautiful fish including cats. You will have to tell me when you plan to go and i will have to make my way down!

Have a couple beers and keep our fingers crossed for a couple nights!

Edit: http://www.fisheries.co.uk/milton/ thats there website

Ok Jaxx thanks a lot sounds good to me, I will let you know when I get down are you free only at weekends or in the week?

Rob