Hi

Salty604

I am a new member. I hail from Massachusetts USA. If you want to know something about Mitchell 600 series reels then you should visit my website, "mitchell600.info". It is a depository for everything I know about these superb saltwater multiplier reels. If you know something I don't about these reels, please email me.

Salty (Norman)

Hi Salty and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Weather's a little brisk up your way, isn't it?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi Salty and welcome to Anglers' Net.

Weather's a little brisk up your way, isn't it?

Temps around 35 F. Snow showers expected for next 3 days.

Going cod fishing in January. At least the boat has heated cabin and handrails.

Salty (Norman)

We've gone into the deep freeze recently too which is not really usual for the Florida Panhandle. Supposed to get into the low 20s/high teens the next few days. Brrrrr.

Do you have decent size and numbers of cod in that area?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

There are cod off Block Island, RI all year long. The Francis fleet of RI and the Helen H of Hyannis, MA fish for them all year. I usually fish with the Hel-Cat of Groton, CT. They codfish January thru March.

Cod are generally 10-25 lbs. Sometimes a larger one is caught. Not like the "old days" when 40-50 lb cod were common.

Remember -- When you are fishing, you are not painting the kitchen!! :rolleyes:

Salty (Norman) :P