(Just for fun) What does your missus think this fishin' malarky?

Guest Gaffer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest chesters1

aero ,famous last words etc smile.gif i cant imagine NOT being married in fact the thought horrifies me , i hope to die first couldnt cope being alone .

Guest Peter Waller

Chester, there is a well known joke about the husband popping his clogs first. Quite simply the husband lay on his death bed, surrounded by his angling pals. He makes his last wish abundantly clear to them, namely that they shouldn't let his wife sell all his gear for what he'd told her that it cost!

Aero, its a great institution!!

Well,

“She who must occasionally be listened to” is an absolute star.

I work away 5 days a week and fish for 1 or 2 days at the weekend, not a complaint, gets my bait ready during the week (who needs ultrabite when you have the female pheromones), she currently drives me to the river/lake (due to a slight increase in the number of points required to keep licence) goes shopping then collects me later.

Never complains about the increase of gear in my tackle room or the books I buy.

Didn’t bat an eyelid when I booked a holiday to Finland for myself this year in search of really big grayling.

Accompanies me to various angling society weekends and alcoholic swilling sessions and totally supports my passion for angling.

In short Carol’s a gem

Contentedly

Duncan

Guest scoobs11

it gets me out of the way so she can do the hoovering eek.gif

------------------

if you can't be good

be careful

anmc founder member

Guest phonebush

Precious, my lovely bride of 40 yrs thinks it is wonderful - for me. She, on the other hand would not be caught dead even saying the word lobworm. She assumes the ratio of fishing bits and tackle is 10 to 1. For every dollar I spend - she spends 10 GUILT free.

Her idea of roughing it is a lodge with only one swimming pool.

Phone

Gaffer,

I beleive that I have the BEST of this and almost any paticular situation/sport Dealing with Fishing, Hunting or Racquetball. I have been married to the current wife since Dec. 93 and have a Great understanding about the sports that I enjoy. She is not an Angler, but will go from time to time during the summer. I have been Blessed with someone that understands. It does help that her Father was also and angler.

------------------

HOPPY

Guest happychef

my mrs thinks i'm spending too much time fishing,i've been out today and she wanted me to do the dinner while she was at her mums, i told her to get stuffed i'm going fishing,she said it had better be done or else,i said it's up to you but if it's not on the clark (clark gable = table,seph)when you get home you can..... 'ere gotta go she's home.

i've 'ad it.

eek.gifchef

i know i'll blame it on the ferret.

My little stormtrooper thinks it is cruel but would not dream of stopping me from going; as I type this in there is wet stuff hanging all over the place,no complaints.

I do have a separate bait fridge in the garage so no problems there.

I'm not a tackle tart at all(can't bear to part with my hard earned unless essential)so no probs there either.

The one and only time she ever came with me our stupid dog(is there a boxer that's not stupid) swallowed a stone which had to be surgically removed.She has never been again. The dog was fine afterwards but is sadly long gone now.

I'm sure she would much prefer it if I were busy in the garden or something equally nasty but also accepts that it is the lesser of many other evils.

BTW it's my 30th wedding anniversary next week.