river Dee

locko

Ive just joined the Dee anglers ass, they have a number of stretches around the Fardon/Holt area.

Can anyone offer advice an these beats (tactics)and what fish i may come across.

Also access would be a great help with as little walking as poss i'm not as young as i was.

Thanks in advance Regards Phil

ive just joined nantwich anglers so il be grateful for any tips too.

the only stretches i have any info on are the hairdressers stretch, the one just up from the old bridge - best fished in winter when 2lb roach and 20lb bags of dace are common. also pike here to 37lb! not sure how it fishes in the summer, will have to find out myself.

the stretch just down from the bridge on the holt side is less busy. heard reports of carp, barbel and bug chub caught here.

the stretch just up from the new road bridge about 1 mile further upstream is supposed to be good for bigger chub.

sorry to be so vague!

p.s have a look on the dee thread on the barbel.co.uk website for a bit more dee info. youll have to join though.

ive just joined nantwich anglers so il be grateful for any tips too.

the only stretches i have any info on are the hairdressers stretch, the one just up from the old bridge - best fished in winter when 2lb roach and 20lb bags of dace are common. also pike here to 37lb! not sure how it fishes in the summer, will have to find out myself.

the stretch just down from the bridge on the holt side is less busy. heard reports of carp, barbel and bug chub caught here.

the stretch just up from the new road bridge about 1 mile further upstream is supposed to be good for bigger chub.

sorry to be so vague!

p.s have a look on the dee thread on the barbel.co.uk website for a bit more dee info. youll have to join though.

;);) Rich/Grumpybum

I have a very dodgy map of the beats which show a couple of lanes or tracks down to the river.

The first one above the new road bridge on the A534 it runs under motorway i think its Dee lane , would you know if this is ok to drive down. the next beat im looking at is below the old bridge? there seems to be a track which runs down at an angle to the bottom of the beat, where we also have a big bend which could be worth looking at. Would you know if we have both banks on these beats.

I dont think Dee anglers have a web site so if anyone has a decent map of these beats could they email me a copy.

My e mail

phil_loughran@blueyonder.co.uk

i would be most grateful. Phil

;);) Rich/Grumpybum

I have a very dodgy map of the beats which show a couple of lanes or tracks down to the river.

The first one above the new road bridge on the A534 it runs under motorway i think its Dee lane , would you know if this is ok to drive down. the next beat im looking at is below the old bridge? there seems to be a track which runs down at an angle to the bottom of the beat, where we also have a big bend which could be worth looking at. Would you know if we have both banks on these beats.

I dont think Dee anglers have a web site so if anyone has a decent map of these beats could they email me a copy.

My e mail

phil_loughran@blueyonder.co.uk

i would be most grateful. Phil

sorry i cant really help with the accessiblity at the mo, but i do know that the farndon side is free from the new bridge you mentions down to the old bridge, possibly further down. there are still warrington anglers signs up but they gave up the stretch years ago

• 3 weeks later...
sorry i cant really help with the accessiblity at the mo, but i do know that the farndon side is free from the new bridge you mentions down to the old bridge, possibly further down. there are still warrington anglers signs up but they gave up the stretch years ago

Just to let you know Beat 6 at Holt is now a Prince Albert water!!